Thursday, October 20, 2011

message from another world

Perhaps this weekend I'll be able to get back to a bit of blog writing.  But for now I thought I'd share something I found at work.  Lakefront Brewery's new warehouse and distribution facility is "new" to us, but had a former life.  It used to be the Wilke Dairy Company.  We are rehabbing it for our purposes.  I still have memories of drinking Wilke milk as a child.  Anyway, among the relics of the past is the Wilke packaging for butter by the pound.  And when you open up one of the ends, on the inside flap you find the following:

TO  THE  HOUSEWIFE:
This butter is doubly protected, by parchment and by a paraffined carton, to insure its reaching your table with all the original flavor and quality.  BE  SURE  TO  KEEP  IT  IN  BOTH  UNTIL  SERVED
  

No comments: