Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Joyce Carol Oates Part I



Joyce Carol Oates, the reader of this blog may have inferred over time, is one of my favorite modern writers. I happened to come across this video of an appearance she made at a book shop recently. It is in several parts, and so I will share it here in several installments. Those not particularly interested in the writings of Joyce Carol Oates will find this interesting nevertheless. She touches on a number of issues and topics, beginning with the virtues of real books. Also, writers, and aspiring writers, will find interesting insight into the craft, the art, the life, of writing. Enjoy.

P.S.  Let me just add, no offense meant to the host of this event, but I can testify that Oates's memoir of widowhood was an excellent read but does not bring everyone to tears.

No comments: