Saturday, May 14, 2011

what a deacon does in his downtime

I just finished alphabetizing the Psalms.  I made two alphabetized lists, one for the Coverdale Psalter, and then one for the Gallican Psalter.  I'm sorry but it just had to be done.

But seriously, the reason I did this was I thought it would be a nice touch for The Book of Psalms in English & Latin, and so they will be appended to that book late tomorrow. 

I might as well share those indexes here, though I leave out the page numbers, which wouldn't mean anything to you apart from the psalter.

Alphabetical Index of Psalms                                                   
58       Are your minds set upon righteousness
133     Behold, how good and joyful a thing
134     Behold now, praise the LORD
57       Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me
56       Be merciful unto me, O God, for man goeth about
26       Be thou my judge, O Lord
128     Blessed are all they that fear the Lord
119 i   Blessed are those that are undefiled in the way
144     Blessed be the Lord my strength
41       Blessed is he that considereth the poor and needy
32       Blessed is he whose unrighteousness is forgiven
112     Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord
1         Blessed is the man that hath not walked
86       Bow down thine ear, O Lord
29       Bring unto the Lord, O ye mighty
137     By the waters of Babylon
59       Deliver me from mine enemies
140     Deliver me, O Lord, from the evil man
127     Except the Lord build the house
37       Fret not thyself because of the ungodly
43       Give sentence with me, O God
72       Give the King thy judgements, O God
67       God be merciful unto us, and bless us
46       God is our hope and strength
82       God standeth in the congregation of princes
48       Great is the Lord, and highly to be
70       Haste thee, O God, to deliver me
51       Have mercy upon me, O God
4         Hear me, when I call
61       Hear my crying, O God
78       Hear my law, O my people
55       Hear my prayer, O God
143     Hear my prayer, O LORD, and consider
102     Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my crying
64       Hear my voice, O God
80       Hear, O thou Shepherd of Israel
17       Hear the right, O Lord
87       Her foundations are upon the holy hills
83       Hold not thy tongue, O God, keep not still
109     Hold not thy tongue, O God of my praise
13       How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord, for ever
116     I am well pleased: that the Lord hath heard
119xix I call with my whole heart: hear me, O Lord
142     I cried unto the Lord with my voice
119xvi I deal with the thing that is lawful and right
124     If the Lord himself had not been on our side
119xv  I hate them that imagine evil things
76        In Jewry is God known
71        In thee, O Lord, have I put my trust…but rid
31        In thee, O Lord, have I put my trust…deliver me
11        In the Lord put I my trust
39        I said, I will take heed to my ways
92        It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord
40        I waited patiently for the Lord
122      I was glad when they said unto me
34        I will alway give thanks unto the Lord
77        I will cry unto God with my voice
138      I will give thanks unto thee…Even before
9          I will give thanks unto thee…I will speak
111      I will give thanks unto the Lord
121      I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills
18        I will love thee, O Lord, my strength
145      I will magnify thee, O God
30        I will magnify thee, O Lord
68        Let God arise
119xxii Let my complaint come before thee
119vi    Let thy loving mercy
42        Like as the hart desireth the water-brooks
3          LORD, how are they increased that trouble me
131      LORD, I am not high-minded
141      LORD, I call upon thee
132      LORD, remember David
85        LORD, thou art become gracious
90        LORD, thou hast been our refuge
119xiii  LORD what love have I
15        LORD, who shall dwell in thy tabernacle
129      Many a time have they fought
22        My God, my God, look upon me
45        My heart is inditing of a good matter
36        My heart sheweth me the wickedness
89        My song shall be always
101      My song shall be of mercy
119iv   My soul cleaveth to the dust
119xi    My soul hath longed
62        My soul truly waiteth still upon God
115      Not unto us, O Lord
66        O be joyful in God
100      O Be joyful in the Lord
47        O clap your hands together
95        O come, let us sing unto the LORD
119xx   O consider mine adversity
119iii    O do well unto thy servant
105      O give thanks unto the Lord, and call
107      O give thanks unto the Lord, for…Let them
136      O give thanks unto the LORD, for…O give
106      O give thanks unto the Lord, for…Who
118      O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is gracious
108      O God, my heart is ready
79        O God, the heathen are come
63        O God, thou art my God
60        O God, thou hast cast us out
74        O God, wherefore art thou absent
49        O hear ye this, all ye people
12        O help me, Lord
84        O how amiable are thy dwellings
88        O LORD God of my salvation
94        O LORD God, to whom vengeance
7          O LORD my God
8          O LORD our Governor
6          O LORD, rebuke me not
119ix    O LORD, thou hast dealt graciously
139      O LORD, thou hast searched me out
119xii   O LORD, thy word
150      O praise God in his holiness
117      O Praise the Lord, all ye heathen
147      O praise the Lord, for it is a good thing
135      O praise the Lord, laud ye the Name of the Lord
148      O Praise the LORD of heaven
98        O sing unto the Lord a new song: for he
149      O Sing unto the LORD a new song; let
96        O sing unto the Lord a new song: sing
119vii   O think upon thy servant
130      Out of the deep have I called unto thee
35        Plead thou my cause
5          Ponder my words, O Lord
103      Praise the Lord, O my soul, and all
104      Praise the Lord, O my soul: O Lord
146      Praise the Lord, O my soul; while
113      Praise the Lord, ye servants
16        Preserve me, O God
119xxi  Princes have persecuted me
38        Put me not to rebuke
33        Rejoice in the Lord
119xviii Righteous art thou
69        Save me, O God; for the waters are come in
54        Save me, O God, for thy Name's sake
81        Sing we merrily unto God our strength
119v    Teach me, O Lord
24        The earth is the Lord's, and all that therein is
14        The fool hath said in his heart
53        The foolish body hath said in his heart
19        The heavens declare the glory of God
21        The King shall rejoice in thy strength
50        The Lord, even the most mighty God
20        The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble
93        The Lord is King, and
99        The Lord is King, be
97        The Lord is King, the
27        The Lord is my light
23        The LORD is my shepherd
110      The Lord said unto my Lord
125      They that put their trust in the Lord
119viii  Thou art my portion, O Lord
65        Thou, O God, art praised in Sion
119x    Thy hands have made me
119xvii Thy testimonies are wonderful
119xiv  Thy word is a lantern unto my feet
73        Truly God is loving unto Israel
123      Unto thee lift I up mine eyes
75        Unto thee, O God
25        Unto thee, O Lord
28        Unto thee will I cry
44        We have heard with our ears
114      When Israel came out of Egypt
120      When I was in trouble
126      When the Lord turned
119ii    Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse
91        Whoso dwelleth under the defence
52        Why boastest thou thyself
2          Why do the heathen so furiously rage
10        Why standest thou so far off

Index Psalmorum Alphabeticus
120      Ad Dominum cum tribularer clamavi
119iv    Adhaesit pavimento anima mea
28        Ad te Domine clamabo, Deus meus
25        Ad te Domine levavi animam meam
123      Ad te levavi oculos meos
29       Afferte Domino, filii Dei
119xxii Appropinquet deprecatio mea
78        Atténdite, pópule meus
49       Audite hæc, omnes gentes
119i    Beati immaculati in via
128     Beati omnes, qui timent Dominum
32       Beati, quorum remissae sunt iniquitates
41       Beatus qui intelligit super egenum, et pauperem
1         Beatus vir, qui non abiit in consilio impiorum
112     Beatus vir, qui timet Dominum
34       Benedicam Dominum in omni tempore
104     Bénedic, ánima mea, Dómino: Dómine Deus meus
103     Bénedic, ánima mea, Dómino, et ómnia
144     Benedictus Dominus Deus meus
85       Benedixisti Domine terram tuam
119ix   Bonitatem fecisti cum servo tuo Domine
92       Bónum est confitéri Dómino
19       Caeli erarrant gloriam Dei
96       Cantáte Dómino cánticum novum; cantata
149     Cantate Domino canticum novum: laus
98       Cantáte Dómino cánticum novum, quia
119xix Clamavi in toto corde meo
75       Confitébimur tibi, Deus
111     Confitebor tibi Domine in toto corde meo: in
9         Confitebor tibi Domine in toto corde meo: narrabo
138     Confitebor tibi Domine in toto corde meo: quoniam
105     Confitémini Dómino, et invocáte nomen eius
136     Confitemini Domino quoniam bonus: quoniam
107     Confitémini Dómino…Dicant qui
118     Confitemini Domino…Dicat nunc
106     Confitémini Dómino…Quis loquétur
16       Conserva me Domine, quoniam speravi in te
[LXX] 115 Credidi, propter quod locutus sum
4         Cum invocarem
119xi   Defecit in salutare
130     De profundis clamavi
44       Deus auribus nostris audivimus
50       Deus deórum Dóminus locútus est
63      Deus Deus meus ad
22      Deus Deus meus respice
70      Deus, in adiutórium
54      Deus, in nómine
72      Deus iudicium
109    Deus, laudem
67      Deus misereatur nostri
46      Deus noster refugium, et virtus
83      Deus, quis similis erit tibi
60      Deus, repulísti nos
82      Deus stetit in synagóga deórum
94      Deus ultiónum Dóminus
79      Deus, venérunt gentes
116    Dilexi, quoniam exaudiet Dominus
18      Diligam te Domine fortitudo mea
39      Dixi: Custodiam vias meas
110    Dixit Dominus Domino meo
36      Dixit iniustus ut delinquat in semetipso
53      Díxit insípiens in corde suo…iniquitátibus
14      Dixit insipiens in corde suo…studiis
141    Domine clamavi ad te, exaudi me
7        Domine Deus meus in te speravi
88      Dómine, Deus salútis meæ
8        Domine Dominus noster
143    Domine exaudi orationem meam, auribus
102    Domine exaudi orationem meam et
21      Domine in virtute tua laetabitur rex
6        Domine, ne in furore tuo arguas me…Miserere
38      Domine ne in furore tuo arguas me…Quoniam
131    Domine non est exaltatum cor meum
139    Domine probasti me, et cognovisti me
3        Domine quid multiplicati sunt qui tribulant me
15      Domine quis habitabit in tabernaculo tuo
90      Dómine, refúgium factus es nobis
24      Domini est terra, et plenitudo eius
27      Dominus illuninatio mea, et salus mea
23      Dominus regit me, et nihil mihi deerit
93      Dóminus regnávit, decórem indútus est
97      Dóminus regnávit: exsúltet terra
99      Dóminus regnávit: irascántur pópuli
134    Ecce nunc benedicite Dominum
133    Ecce quam bonum, et quam iucundum
59      Eripe me de inimícis meis, Deus meus
140    Eripe me Domine ab homine malo
45      Eructavit cor meum verbum bonum
119vi  Et veniat super me misericordia tua Domine
145     Exaltabo te Deus meus Rex
30      Exaltabo te Domine quoniam suscepisti me
20      Exaudiat te Dominus in die tribulationis
61      Exáudi, Deus, deprecatiónem meam
64      Exáudi, Deus…cum déprecor
55      Exáudi, Deus…et ne despéxeris
17      Exaudi Domine iustitiam meam
40      Expectans expectavi Dominum
81      Exultáte Deo adjutóri nostro
33      Exultate iusti in Domino
68      Exúrgat Deus, et dissipéntur inimíci eius
119xvi Feci iudicium et iustitiam
87       Fundaménta eius in móntibus sanctis
119xii  In aeternum Domine
86       Inclina Domine aurem Tuam, et exaudi me
126     In convertendo Dominus captivitatem Sion
11       In Domino confide, quomodo dicitis animae meae
114     In éxitu Ísraël de Ægýpto
119xv  Iniquos odio habui
119ii    In quo corrigit adolescentior viam suam
71        In te Dómine sperávi…et éripe me
31        In te Domine speravi…Inclina ad me
66        Iubiláte Deo, omnis terra; psalmum dícite
100      Iubilate Deo omnis terra: servite Domino
35        Iudica Domine nocentes me
43        Iudica me Deus
26        Iudica me Domine
119xviii Iustus es Domine
122       Laetatus sum in his
146       Lauda anima mea Dominum
[LXX] 147 Lauda Ierusalem Dominum
148        Laudate Dominum de caelis
150       Laudate Dominum in sanctis eius
117       Laudate Dominum omnes Gentes
147       Laudate Dominum quoniam bonus est psalmus
135       Laudate nomen Domini,
113       Laudate pueri Dominum
119v     Legem pone mihi Domine viam iustificationum
121       Levavi oculos meos in montes
119xiv   Lucerna pedibus meis verbum tuum
48         Mágnus Dóminus et laudábilis nimis
119x     Manus tuae fecerent me, et plasmaverunt me
132       Meménto, Dómine, David
119vii    Memor esto verbi tui servo tuo
119xvii  Mirabilia testimonia tua
57         Misérere mei, Deus, miserére mei
56         Misérere mei, Deus, quóniam conculcávit
51         Miserere mei Deus, secundum magnam
101       Misericórdiam et judícium
89         Misericordias Domini
127       Nisi Dominus aedificaverit domum
124       Nisi quia Dominus erat in nobis, dicat nunc Israel
37         Noli aemulari in malignantibus
62         Nónne Deo subjécta erit ánima mea
115       Non nobis, Dómine, non nobis
76         Nótus in Judǽa Deus
47         Omnes gentes, pláudite mánibus
108       Parátum cor meum, Deus, parátum cor meum
119viii   Portio mea Domine
119xxi   Principes persecuti sunt me gratis
73         Quam bonus Ísraël Deus
84         Quam dilecta tabernacula tua Domine virtutum
2           Quare fremuerunt Gentes
42         Quemadmodum desiderat cervus ad fontes
125       Qui confidunt in Domino, sicut mons Sion
52         Quid gloriáris in malítia
91         Qui habitat in adiutorio Altissimi
80         Qui regis Ísraël, inténde
119xiii   Quomodo dilexi legem tuam Domine
119iii     Retribue servo tuo, vivifica me
129       Sǽpe expugnavérunt me a juventúte mea
69         Salvum me fac Deus
12         Salvum me fac Domine
58         Si vere utique iustitiam loquimini
137       Super flumina Babylonis
65         Te decet hymnus, Deus, in Sion
13         Usquequo Domine oblivisceris me in finem
74         Ut quid, Deus, repulísti in finem
10         Ut quid Domine recessisti longe
95         Venite, exultemus Domino
5           Verba mea auribus percipe Domine
119xx   Vide humilitatem meam
77        Voce mea ad Dóminum clamávi…Deum
142      Voce mea ad Dominum clamavi…Dominum

No comments: