Friday, October 29, 2010

back to the catechism

Readers of this blog perhaps noticed that I had the Small Catechism of Luther on my mind back around late summer.  That was, I think, mainly because I was thinking of the upcoming Sunday School season, for which I was planning and had high hopes.  There has been a lot going on here in September and October, both at St. Stephen's parish and in my own personal life, such as adjusting to my new job, etc.  One thing that has not been happening, however, is Sunday School.  It went nowhere.  That's the way it goes sometimes in a parish with a small active membership.  I still have great optimism for doing things with children and youth in our parish.  But it won't be this fall. 

Nevertheless, it seems good to get back into the Catechism here anyway.  I think I left off with the Decalogue.  So we shall continue thence.

No comments: