Monday, August 9, 2010

V for Vendetta Quote

I have never been a Graphic Novel kind of guy.  Yet I must admit that some of my favorite films in modern times are based on graphic novels, or written almost as if they were, like The Matrix, and V for Vendetta.  Anyway, let me share with you my favorite quote from V for Vendetta.  It is in the context of the prison journal of the lesbian character, Valerie, found by Evey in her own prison of sorts.


"Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us. But within that inch we are free...I shall die here. Every last inch of me shall perish. Except one. An inch. It's small and it's fragile and it's the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it, or sell it, or give it away. We must never let them take it from us."

No comments: