Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Being Made All Things To All Men

I have become increasingly aware that there is quite a variety of Latifs out there.

So, to clear things up, I am not the Latif of Latif Rugs.

Nor do I own Latif Carpets.

And I'm not really an infamous Cricket player.

While I'm at it, I may as well fess up, and admit that I'm not really an R&B singer either.

And no, in case you were wondering, I am not a Turkish mystic musician.

Nor, indeed, am I this Afghan folk musician, though I kind of like his music:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Latif, you'd be much more mysterious as a mystic musician!

Rich Futrell

Deacon Latif Haki Gaba, SSP said...

Hey, I'll consider just about anything at this point.

The Exiled said...

Just when I thought I knew you Latif. Apparently you lead many different lives.

Maybe the seminary had you confused with Latif the Mystic Musician.

Deacon Latif Haki Gaba, SSP said...

Perhaps. Or perhaps the Lutherans thought I was Queen Latifah, disguising myself as a white man, trying to break with their all-male seminary tradition, sort of a Lutheran Yentl. Or maybe they were disappointed when they realized that I wasn't Queen Latifah. She would have made for a much more interesting seminary student.

Tim said...

Since you mentioned Queen Latifah, I have no choice....

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

:D