Monday, March 15, 2010

Art on Brady Street

Recently Ruth and I attended an art gallery opening at Caggio, a quaint little gallery on Brady Street. It is an old Milwaukee house, that has been converted into an art gallery, and it works very well for this purpose. The opening that night featured live music (a guitarist) and wine and snacks, and there was a good crowd.

This is one of my favorite aspects of East Side life. For while not every piece of art I find, or music I hear, will be to my liking, there is an openness to and appreciation for art. I dare say, in fact, that art should not merely be part of a man's life, but in fact should permeate and inform it. And that's the way the East Side is.

There were several art forms on display for this exhibit. Some two dimensional, some three. There was some compelling photography, some art on wood panels, some cotton paper art, and even some rodent sculptures, which I kind of enjoyed, despite my fear from childhood of such things.

If you are in the area, you might want to drop in. The exhibit goes through 7 April. Caggio is just west of Saint Hedwig Church.

No comments: