Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ice Skating at Red Arrow Park

My sister Bedull's birthday and mine are a day apart, mine being the second day within the Epiphany Octave, hers being the third day within the Epiphany Octave. This year we will celebrate together by ice skating on Saturday at Red Arrow Park, downtown Milwaukee. All are welcome to join us. It will be my first time in ice skates. I've been wanting to do this for a while. We'll see how long I survive out there. There is a Starbucks right next to the rink, so if anyone feels like joining us, but is not that into skating, they can stay warm in the coffeehouse with a hot drink, and some bakery, and watch others make fools of themselves.

Place: Red Arrow Park, Downtown Milwaukee (on Water Street, right across from the Marcus center for the Performing Arts)

Day: Saturday, 9 January, 2010

Time: Begin at 4 o'clock, post meridiem, and end at an undetermined time

Cost: skate rental is $6 if you don't have your own; Starbucks will also be happy to sell you some coffee or bakery

Join us Downtown!

P.S. I found some nice images of Red Arrow Park online, but have not yet received permission to post them. Follow these links, however, for a taste of the scene:


3 comments:

Tim said...

As fun as it sounds, I sadly cannot make it, for I live several states away.

That being said, I wish you and your sister the best, and a happy birthday!

God bless, and many years!

EmmaJane said...

You're welcome to post links to my photos! ^^

Deacon Latif Haki Gaba, SSP said...

Thanks Emma Jane, though I thought it was generally acceptable to post links to other sites anyway. If you would graciously grant me permission to post you photo itself at my blog, however, it would be an honor.