Friday, September 25, 2009

revision

The other day the thought came to me that I forgot to include pagination in the Psalter. I had been meaning to add page numbers since June, when a good friend suggested it (Thanks, Miss Grace). I had a post-it note specifically about this, which was on my desk, and happily I rediscovered it a couple days ago. I soon found, though, that my document immediately went from 264 pages to like 295 when I added the page numbers. The numbers moved the text. So I took it as an opportunity to go back in and tighten up the content, and to look everything over. The result is a much better, much tighter book, and more economical, I might add, since I have managed to bring it down to 194 pages. While I was at it, I corrected a couple three mistakes, etc. The book is much stronger, less pictorial fillers, but stronger over all nonetheless.

I feel bad about having to make this change after publication. But on the other hand I don't feel too bad, since my data with the publisher informs me that there has only been a few orders placed so far anyway. You early purchasers have a very rare first edition. If you have one, feel free to email me (latifhakigaba@gmail.com) and I will hook you up. I know who a couple of you are.
The second and improved edition can be found at my Lulu Storefront.

No comments: