Tuesday, August 11, 2009

milwaukee images

I shall return to actual blogging. I promise. But till then, I call your attention to a picture or two of my hometown, from MKEimages.com.

This one is an image of the Engineering and Mathematical Sciences Building at UWM. It's about a block down from the building in which Ruth and I lived with Father Wiest and family at ULC.

And here is a picture of the Germania Building, one of my favorite buildings downtown.

Okay, just one more for today. Here is my beloved Milwaukee River, looking south toward Wells Street.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Latif, these images (especially the one of the river) make me miss Milwaukee. I'm married now and living in Chicago. It's great, but I do still miss the old beer city. I hope you and your family are well. I regretted not being able to say goodbye to you when you left the bookstore.

Deacon Latif Haki Gaba, SSP said...

Hey Eric,
Good to hear from you. I miss the bookshop, aspects of it at any rate. Most of all, I miss the friends I made there, such as you. I'd love to correspond with you, if you could send me your contact information. I think you'll find my email at my blog profile. Thanks.