Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It was a relatively uneventful night,

and then all the power went out. Caused, I presume, by the thunder storms that went through, the entire building, as well as neighboring hotels, went black. This happened at 4:10 this morning, which is very significant, 410 being the year in which the Visigothic King Alaric entered Rome. No phones, Internet, or electricity. Within a quarter of an hour power was restored. All is well again in the hotel, and nobody seems too upset.

2 comments:

Rev. Shane R. Cota, SSP said...

I just want to say that I love that picture of you leaning over to whisper, whilst wearing you cassock. Classic!

Deacon Latif Haki Gaba, SSP said...

Thank you, Father Cota. When a camera catches you in a moment of "liturgical pietism," I say, might as well embrace it. In fact, probably just moments later, or maybe moments earlier, I might have had my hands "just so."