Thursday, January 8, 2009

Talking Theology With Friends


My thanks to Fr. Dustin Anderson for sharing this picture with me. I like it because it brings to mind that I do have many good memories of my time in Fort Wayne. I made many good friends there. I must say, in particular, that this photo captures some (many others could be listed as well) of those friends which I treasure most precisely because they are true and passionate theologians. Theology results not from jumping through bureaucratic hoops, but it results from truly struggling, wrestling, and arguing with the Word, and having your whole being altered because that Word finally has His way with you. That is the approach to theology which the men in this picture take, men like David Preus, Mark Preus, Ed Killian, Mike Grieve, and Dustin Anderson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no smoking ban in Fort Wayne yet?

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Latif Haki Gaba, SSP said...

There is now. The evening caught in this photo took place after my seminary days in Ft. Wayne, or else I would be in black. So I suppose it was circa 06.