Wednesday, July 9, 2008

christ our hope


just a short blog this morning, because I am showing my boss how easy it is to blog.

So let me just mention a book that has just recently been released by Ignatius Press. It is a compilation of the homilies and addresses of Pope Benedict XVI during his pastoral visit to the United States. I had the pleasure of reading these texts when they were published online soon after the visit. Now, they are brought together in a beautiful hard cover volume, with lots of pictures, and commentary on the visit. The book is titled, Christ Our Hope: Pope Benedict XVI's Apostolic Journey to the United States and Visit to the United Nations; it is published, as I say, by Ignatius Press, and the cost is a reasonable $21.95. I recommend it to any who want to learn more about this important pope and theologian, or just want to relive the visit to the U.S.

P.S. This is my first time attempting to make use of the "labels;" not completely certain what its purpose is, or how best to utilize it. But here it goes.

No comments: